Applications accepted February 1st to March 31.
We hire approximately 30 summer staff each year to work in our Summer Program and many enjoy it so much that they return year after year. Each year, we look forward to new people joining our Summer Program support staff and gaining valuable hands-on experience working with children/youth with Autism.
The Summer Program runs Monday – Friday for 7 weeks in July and August. The program day for employees begins at 8:45 am and ends at 3:15 pm. For information on each of the Summer Programs, click here.
Mandatory Paid Training is held 3 days in the week prior to the program start.
- Enjoy working with people and be willing to learn new communication skills
- Be enthusiastic and energetic
- Be able to make a consistent commitment Monday – Friday for the entire length of program
- Have knowledge of, or interest in Autism (experience working with special needs is preferred, but not essential)
- Be working towards, or have completed a University degree or College diploma in a related field
- Have access to a vehicle; third party liability insurance is required for workers who drive during the program
- First Aid/CPR B Certification is recommended
- Must be a good swimmer as swimming is a daily activity
- Work towards the child’s goals in a consistent manner on a daily basis
- Attend mandatory ARC training sessions
- Attend an individual training session with an ARC Program Director, prior to the start date of the program
- Report to the ARC Summer Program Director
- Adhere to the ARC Confidentiality Contract
- Communicate daily with parents/guardians via a communication book